Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To provide strong support to the Accountant by ensuring that all accounts are verified and reliable reports are submitted on a timely basis.
(1) Supervision of Accounts Staff.
(2) Manage Fixed Assets Database.
(3) Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations.
(4) Preparation of month end Accrual journals.
(5) Actively participate in month close off process.
(6) Preparation of Management Accounts.
(7) Determine reasons for Admin / Marketing variances with actual and budget expenditure.
(8) Completion of Monthly Management Accounts file.
(9) Analyze all Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Accounts.
(10) Check and sign off on all reconciliations prepared by AP Clerk, AR Clerk.
(11) Preparation of quarterly returns for CSO and Central Bank.
(12) Check daily cash sales and cash receipts reports and vet deposits in absence of Accountant.
(13) Complete any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
(14) Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate health, safety, security and environmental policies/ procedures.
(1) Completed Level 2 ACCA.
(1) 4-5 Years Accounting Experience
(2) Experience in using computerized Accounting packages
Or any equivalent combination of qualification and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
(1) Sound interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
(3) Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
(4) Sound knowledge of local and international Accounting standards
(5) Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish departmental goals
(6) Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative