Job Title: Production Technician
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City: Arima
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Production Technician is responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing machines and equipment in the Moulding Division. This includes mould changes, machine set-up and start-up, machine operation, production quality, troubleshooting, adjustments, repairs and housekeeping. All work shall be performed while following the rules, technical work procedures and guidelines, of ANSA Polymer, with special attention being given to Health, Safety and Environment.
1. Set up machine and execute production runs, as per production schedule, ensuring product quality standards, effective materials consumption, machine settings and machine output targets are maintained.
2. Perform regular lubrication on production equipment and system checks in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules.
3. Troubleshoot malfunctioning machines and systems and make corrective actions or adjustments to ensure consistent product quality and machine efficiency.
4. Assist with preventative maintenance on machines.
5. Perform mould changes and ensure completion in allocated timeframe.
6. Assist in machine assembly, installations, servicing and repairs.
7. Prepare production reports and or maintain logs associated with the job function.
8. Trim, deflash and label finished product as required and pack in approved packaging.
9. Complete production tags/pallet tickets to ensure identification and traceability of all finished goods.
10. Perform routine quality checks as per the company’s quality management system procedures.
11. Assist in monthly stock taking exercises.
12. Ensures full compliance with all OSH standards and Company policies.
13. Ensures continuity of operations on machines in cases of absences.
14. Ensures general housekeeping standards are maintained in the department.
15. Cross train and perform duties of other team members as needed.
16. Perform any other related duties requested by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Five O’Level passes (inclusive of Maths and English)
- MET or MEEET Certificate
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must possess a certificate of good character.