Job Title: Insurance Underwriter
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City: Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Title: INSURANCE UNDERWRITER
Salary / Package:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source quotations for general and group health insurances for members.
- Process all new policies, renewals, endorsements for general and health insurance applicants.
- Submit completed client health insurance application form to broker and follow up to determine the status, premium amount and other relevant information.
- Prepare applicable correspondence such as the preparation of letters for new policies, renewals and coverage information.
- Explain plan details including schedule of benefits, coverage conditions and answer frequently asked questions to clients.
- Process and track health insurance claims and update clients on claim status.
- Batch documents and organize payments to be sent to insurance provider. Liaise with providers on claim status.
- Compile renewal statistics and communicate with insurance broker and relevant providers.
- Receive insurance renewal listings and follow up with clients at latest one month in advance of expiry date to ensure payments are made on time.
- Ensure all vehicles mortgaged on an initial transaction to the Credit Union are covered by a comprehensive motor insurance policy and our interest is noted.
- Disburse vehicle loan cheques and other relevant loan documents.
- Maintain an insurance policy file and filing system for all members with insurance.
- Monitor the functioning of equipment belonging to insurance providers whilst ensuring adequate stocks of stationery are available.
- Liaise with Credit Union teams including Recoveries for policy renewals and Operations for loan processing and insurance premium payment status.
- Liaise with Marketing and Business Development teams to facilitate promotions aimed at growing Credit Union insurance portfolio and promote insurance facility to new /existing members.
- Conduct market surveys to assess competition and ensure competitiveness of existing products.
- Receive and check commission statements and report monthly targeted performance
- Any other duties as directed by the CEO or his designated representative.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 5 GCE/CXC O’Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics [Grades I, II].
- Cert CII Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and computer literacy abilities
- The individual will be required to develop a sound knowledge of the products and procedures of the respective insurance providers
- Minimum of two (2) years insurance experience in a similar or related environment
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in sales or a related environment
- Strong customer relations, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgement and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven understanding of general and group health insurance.
- Ability to multi-task.
- The individual will be required to develop a sound knowledge of the Credit Union’s operations and policies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Standard office working conditions; noise level is quiet to moderate
- Proper use of communication devices and other office equipment required
- Frequently required to sit; talk; or hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (e.g. ream of paper)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision