Job Title: Chief Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To organize, direct, and control the Maintenance and Engineering Area in order to guarantee the full satisfaction resulting from the facilities and services of the Hotel, creating a positive atmosphere, optimizing Human, Financial, Material Resources and the supplies provided to the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To facilitate a healthy, productive, and motivating work environment.
- To facilitate the coaching and cross-trainings.
- To promote the growth and promotion of his personnel.
- To consistently plan, with the participation of his work team and the internal clients.
- To weekly measure productivity, and to process the necessary adjustments.
- To keep up to date, along with his work team, concerning new processes, tools, and materials.
- To guarantee and promote cleanliness and order in the areas and among the staff.
- To fulfill the 5 Ss.
- To produce a general quarterly report of the hotel, and to highlight the facilities requiring resources or which have been left behind (January, April, July, and October.)
- To personally attend to the opportunities provided by clients dissatisfied with the maintenance service.
- To organize a briefing with all his personnel once per week and to participate in it.
- To hold a briefing with the supervision personnel on a daily basis.
- To control the daily expenses of the area.
- To supervise the facilities and installations in the property on a daily basis, at different schedules in order to achieve the correct Operation of the Hotel, using the maintenance daily report form.
- To check and control that the execution and quality processes are adhered to, preserving the original characteristics of the facilities and equipment.
- To control, supervise, and control the Improvement Projects.
- To determine the amount of materials to purchase for the operation per month, according to the projections (by the 25th day of every month.)
- To keep an accurate control of the expenditures of energy sources (gas, water, diesel, electricity), as well as to implement campaigns and efficiency processes aimed to that purpose.
- To carry out monthly status reports for the machinery and industrial equipment.
- To produce an Annual Preventive Maintenance Plan for every area of the Hotel.
- To produce the annual maintenance and energy sources budget.
- To produce the annual CAPEX project and to put it at the consideration of the General Management.
- To comply, in the operation of installations or equipment, with all applicable norms and legislation. (TTEC, WASA, Fire Services)
- To respect the established procedures.
- To work according to the philosophy of Radisson Trinidad.
- To maintain a high level of professional ethics at all times
- To designate activities to perform by the personnel.
- To remove personnel from their position, always adhering to the requirements imposed by the company in such matters.
- To authorize purchase orders.
- To authorize over time, with due planning and the authorization of the General Manager.
- To designate personnel to respond to arising requests.
- To amend plans and schedules according to the needs of the operation, the circumstances, and the instructions from the General Manager.
Requirements / Other:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a similar degree, as a minimum.
- Master’s Degree is ideal.
- Between 2 and 5 years.
- Must be able to work six (6) days per week
- Must be able to work Manager on Duty shifts