Job Title: Project Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Chaguanas / Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of an integrated Engineering, Procurement and Project / Construction Management Services to the various Contract Clients. In addition to the Technical aspects this includes maintaining good business relationships built on a foundation of reliable performance and earned respect.
- Report to all injuries, occupational illnesses, material losses and environmental damage incidents and be aware that all are preventable.
- Ensure safety in design processes is applied.
- Ensure QA/QC engagement in Engineering / Procurement / Construction.
- Awareness, understanding and compliance with the Business Policies and Procedures.
- Awareness, understanding and delivery of Contractual obligations set out in the individual service Contracts.
- Co-ordination and Management of all interfaces required to deliver a complete product to the Client, including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and third party Services.
- Co-ordinates the development and performance management of all engineering deliverables associated with the various WBS Scopes of Work from inception through to completion.
- Development and coordination of baseline schedules, progress measurement and reporting of the engineering deliverables for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Development and coordination of the estimates, expenditure, forecasts and reporting of the engineering deliverables for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Takes personal responsibility for promoting and supporting continuous improvement activities within all aspects of the business under their sphere of influence.
- Actively seeks to develop and maintain business relationships based on open and honest communication underpinned by reliable proactive performance, expectation management and earned respect.
- Proactively facilitate the resolution of cross discipline technical issues.
- Motivates and develops a high performing team with a ‘be safe’ and ‘mistake free’ culture and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Recognises skills limitations and proactively notifies and engages management support in these areas.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the Massy Wood Group / client relationship and how these can be influenced.
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
- The candidate must possess a first Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from an accredited university.
- Project Management Certification will be an asset
- The candidate must possess five (5) years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Minimum three (3) years Oil & Gas industry experience.
- Familiar with Project Management practices and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to and supervise others.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with external and internal customers.
- Foundation skills in a relevant technical discipline.