Job Title: Corporate / Compliance Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Corporate / Compliance Assistant
Provides support to the Corporate Secretary/Compliance Officer of the Company.
- Prepare Board, Audit Committee Meeting packages and ensure their timely distribution before Meetings.
- The preparation and the timely filing of the required documentation with the Register General’s Department as required by law.
- The preparation and timely filing of all Director related documents with the CBTT as required by law.
- Review and analyze compliance monitoring reports and other related source documents for suspicious/unusual patterns of activity. Follow-up with responsible area for explanations and discussions for appropriate action.
- Provides prompt and quality Customer Service by projecting and demonstrating a high level of professionalism, courtesy, and initiative in accordance with established guidelines and policies.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings of the Corporate Secretary without conflict and handle general corporate queries for the department and ensure that all communique received are dealt with.
- Channel policy and other related queries to the Compliance Manager.
- Provide support to the Corporate Secretary including diary maintenance, telephone calls which must be answered by the second ring in an efficient manner with no instances of unpleasantries and impoliteness, maintenance of the filing system, recording the minutes of meetings, mail handling, stationery and other departmental supplies, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of registers and other records, as required in compliance with legislative requirements and company policy.
- Monitor activities as to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures and external regulations, with special emphasis on Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting of Terrorist Financing.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls as well as compliance with company policies and procedures across the organization.
- Identify control weaknesses, deficiencies and/or business productivity/efficiency opportunities.
- Performs any other related duties as required.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS ·
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience. ·
- Active pursuit of professional designations (e.g. ACA, CPA, CIA, ) is desired
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations and regulatory agencies. · Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. ·
- Knowledge of company’s and industry’s regulations and policies.
- Strong Competence in Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access. ·
- Time Management training.
- Minimum 1-2 years in an executive secretarial position, proven audit, compliance, financial services operations and/or regulatory experience, or equivalent. ·
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical and project management skills. ·
- Working knowledge of insurance procedures and legislation affecting General Insurance contracts.