Job Ref.: TT143014HM
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Information Security
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Consultant, Information Security, Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) - Trinidad
Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
About the firm
Deloitte in Trinidad is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Enterprise Risk Services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 100 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrows agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
About the team
Deloitte’s support function, also known as Internal Client Services (ICS), is Deloitte’s engine room and they provide many of the central functions to making the business successful. You will find teams in Talent, IT, Finance and Risk to name just a few. ICS plays a critical role by helping their internal stakeholders to be more efficient and focused on delivering an impact that matters to their individual client groups. In this role, you will have the opportunity to join the ICS team and support the learning within the Talent team for the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC), whilst also working with our Global Learning Administrative Services.
About the role
A senior consultant in Technology is responsible for providing support to CBC practitioners. The incumbent will document problems and resolutions, apply technology to business processes and consult with Senior Consultants and Managers to develop appropriate technical solutions. The incumbent will also provide operational and project support within the CBC IT team ensuring that all CBC hosted and managed services / application and data center facilities are highly available. The incumbent will contribute their experience, innovative thinking, and energy to further security throughout the firm, build eminence both for themselves and the firm, and provide strong project and practice leadership. The individual will be able to apply their skills to a wide range of risk and IT security related problems, while being able to establish themselves as the “go to” person for their area of specialisation. The incumbent will provide direct support to the Senior Manager on all IT related matters including executing and managing CBC IT team activities for various CBC services including CBC and local office products/projects, manage/coordinate project activities with other team members.
- Responsible for disaster recovery monitoring and testing.
- Responsible for incident identification, consultation and intake and investigation, assessment and containment of the incident.
- Provides support for incident notification and remediation.
- Responsibility for vulnerability management and remediation.
Event Incident & Problem Management
- Provide assistance on event and incident categorization and prioritization and assignment management.
- Responsible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line escalation.
- Responsible and accountable for security administration.
- Oversee risk assessment(s), development of policies, standards, procedures, testing and security reporting processes. Respond to security events by ordering emergency actions to protect the firm from imminent loss of information or value.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge, background, and training, as it relates to information security
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Consultants across our organization:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life.
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a computer or information systems related field is required
- Recognized and relevant professional qualifications are required, such as Microsoft, CISCO, PMP, CISSP, CISM, WCNA, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in information technology, or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in information security
- Experience administering an information security program is required
- Experience administering Microsoft SCCM
- Experience administering McAfee security suite of products
- Experience administering Source Fire IDS systems
- Experience administering Stonegate Firewalls
- Working knowledge of and experience in the policy and regulatory environment of information security, especially in the finance industry, is required
- Excellent project management, written, and oral communications skills desired
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal service functions and business service lines is essential
- A demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people is required
- Experience working as part of a virtual team is preferred due to the Regional nature of the role
Additional desirable experience includes;
- Strong business acumen with solid analytic skills and conceptual thinking
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to interact with clients and staff of various levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills proven through report writing and presentation experience
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to lead a team effectively and help coach junior team members
- Strong commitment, ability to multi-task and self-motivated to meet deadlines while producing high quality output
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office required; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment and independently
Other benefits of joining our team include:
- Learning opportunities through in-house training, webinars and e-learning
- Career mentor and coach
- Early responsibility and empowerment
- A fast-tracked career where promotion is based on merit, not on years of service
- A flexible and collaborative work environment
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. Every day our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer innovative solutions to our clients’ complex issues. Further discover the Caribbean and Bermuda and how you can benefit from a career with Deloitte on our career’s website.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte & Touche is an affiliate of DCB Holding Limited, the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. The Deloitte team in Trinidad is committed to providing audit and assurance, tax and compliance, accounting, consulting, financial advisory, and enterprise risk services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our objective is to make an impact that matters by building long-term relationships and delivering measurable value for our clients' businesses.
Requisition code: TT143014HM