Job Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Director of Sales and Marketing
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
- Manages the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determines and develops marketing communication activities that influence outcome of sales in a timely
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes
in sales strategy to meet or exceed guest | customer expectations.
- Reviews the Strategic Alignment Review (STAR) report, competitive shopping reports and uses other
resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and
increase market share.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market
- Evaluates and supports participation and account deployment with Area Sales and Group Sales within
the Sales Office.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager, property leadership team, Group Sales and Area .
- Serves as the sales contact for our valuable guests | customers as well as serves as the guest |
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business
and/or close on business.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing
- Executes and supports Carlson Guest Service Standards and Hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing
contract, customer correspondence).
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering
high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating
mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return
on investment for the ownership.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales
process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement
of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional
and national tradeshows and client events.
- Executes exemplary guest | customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the
customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the guest | customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features
and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and
loyalty to Hotel & Radisson.
- Functions as the leader of the property’s sales department for properties with bookings over 75 peak
rooms and significant local catering revenue.
- Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the hotel & brand business strategy.
- Executes the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and staff.
- Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and
setting aggressive goals that will drive the property's financial performance.
- Verifies Sales team understands and is leveraging the Radisson demand engines to full potential.
- Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the
strategic priorities of the market.
- Creates effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems are in place.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports and holds staff accountable for successful results.
- Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy with Human Resources (HR) to
minimize lost time due to turnover.
- Maintains an active list of the competition’s best sales people and executes a recruitment and
acquisition plan with HR.
- Supports tools and training resources to educate sales associates on winning catering solutions.
- Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining
and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the
leadership bench for the future; continues to upgrade the sales & marketing talent; works with HR to
anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
- Identifies, trains and mentors group sales associates; utilizes all available on the job training tools for
- Transfers functional knowledge and develops group sales skills of other discipline managers.
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall
responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within
the Sales Office, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships to proactively
position and market the property.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and
collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
Requirements | Other
- A MBA in Management or Hotel Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Completes Director of Sales & Marketing Training requirements as per brand
- Ability to coach and offer expertise for brand standards, as well as full compliance, when it comes to the Sales & Marketing Department
- Represent the Hotel and Company by leading by example for its valuable guests and associates
- Participate in MOD & Lobby Ambassador Schedule
- 5 Days Per Week Schedule which includes Saturday rotation established for the Sales | Catering & Marketing Department
- The Director of Sales & Marketing reports to the General Manager and Managing Director
- Other assigned by the General Manager