Job Title: I&C Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer is responsible for the preparation of discipline design deliverables.
- Originate discipline deliverables under limited direction of senior discipline personnel.
- Assist the Discipline Lead Engineer and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client. May need to refer to information sources or senior discipline personnel.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. May need to refer to information sources or senior discipline personnel.
- Accompany senior discipline personnel to execute surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Familiar with standard design engineering deliverables.
- Self-checking of own work.
- Develop working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Communicate with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where Massy Wood Group could provide solutions to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
- Follow procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capture and communicate lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify areas for professional development and to develop a Training Plan.
- Work and progress according to Training Plan.
- Keep a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Deliver assigned tasks within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Identify increases or reductions in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Lead Engineer accordingly.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Engineer while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Knowledge and application of client specific standards.
- Prepare timesheets accurately and timely.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng).
- Membership of a professional body preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Possesses basic appreciation of discipline software and tools.
- Possesses basic appreciation of key discipline applications.
- Possesses a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.