Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor - Raw Materials
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Warehouse Supervisor - Raw Materials
To ensure that all departments are supplied with the correct items in the required quantities, and the accurate receipt, documentation and safe and secure storage and distribution of all Company’s Raw & Packaging Materials
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - RAW MATERIALS
- Ensure that all items being received are in correct quantities and in good order, and properly stored.
- Liaise with Quality Control on a daily basis to ensure samples are taken of all Packaging and Raw materials and that there are no signs of pest infestation.
- Ensure that Raw Materials samples are routinely weighed for verification of declared amounts.
- Ensure proper rotation of stock, using the FIFO principle.
- Maintain proper records of all materials received and issued.
- Liaise with the Production and Packaging department to issue goods when required.
- Verify quantities of left-over goods being returned against the Stores Return sheet, and ensure proper labelling and storage of these items.
- Perform periodic product physicals.
- Ensure adherence to the established Sanitation Programme.
- Ensure that all Raw Materials, including those in the A/C Rooms, are labelled with appropriate dates of receipt.
- Check forklift and ensure it is in proper working condition.
- Ensure that all safety and speed precautions are taken.
- Perform any other related functions consequential and incidental to the position.
- Foster positive working relationships through effective conflict management and by following the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Manage employee attendance and punctuality.
- Train, evaluate and provide performance feedback and coaching for workers.
- Prepare reports for submission to the Plant Manager as requested.
Qualifications / education:
- 5 O' Levels / CXC / CSEC passes, inclusive of English and Mathematics.
- Certificate or Diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
Skills / experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar position.
- A comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals and Warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of computerized Warehouse Management System would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).