About the Firm
The Deloitte in Trinidad team is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Risk Advisory to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrow’s agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
About the Role
As an associate in Finance you will provide direct internal finance support for the Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) Finance Shared Services network. You will act in a supporting role for the finance function, responsible for performing day to day finance duties. This role will encompass both local and cross-border responsibilities allowing you to work closely with other finance professionals within the CBC region including Bermuda, The Virgin Islands, Cayman, Bahamas, Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
CBC Financial Reporting
- Assist with all relevant DTTL Reporting (Fig, FINCON, Flash Results etc.)
- Liaises with local teams to ensure that instructions are understood and results can be produced accurately and on time
- Assist with Functional Service level reporting/stakeholder reporting and communications
- Assists with regular reviews of group reporting and accounting policies that ensure compliance with DTTL member firm standards
- Leverage best practice to all CBC offices
- Assist with meeting Member Firm Standards as they relate to Finance (MFS 4&7)
- Maintains a client service-type relationship with all CBC professionals and other stakeholders, ensuring the highest level of service
Assist with the facilitation of the budgeting process for the CBC including the following:
- Development and maintenance of budget timelines
- Liaison with local teams to ensure that instructions are understood and results can be produced accurately and on time
- Development and maintenance of CBC Budget platform, including templates and relevant reports
- Timely submission of all DTTL budget related deliverables
- Consolidation of budget data and reporting thereof to the CBC Functional Leaders, CFO and CEO
Working Capital Management:
- Assist in distributing and following up on outstanding CBC Central and Shared Service AR billings
- Assist with CBC Shared Service quarterly/annual true ups
- Assist with Bank Reconciliation process
- Assistance on projects as and when required
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, associates across our organization:
- Build an understanding of our purpose and values and explore opportunities to make an impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
High School graduate
Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 year of relevant work experience
Working towards a professional designation
Accounting experience is not required but would be considered an asset
Working knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and financial reports
Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment and independently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
Good interpersonal skills, professional manner and ability to work independently and in a team environment
Good oral and written communication skills
Quick learning capacity
Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines
Sound working knowledge of MS Office required; Excel, Word and Outlook
Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment
The incumbent will be expected to perform the essential functions of the job under normal working conditions and standard business working hours
The incumbent must have the flexibility to work overtime beyond the normal work hours such as on evenings and weekends if necessary in order to meet deadlines
Extended periods of sitting
Ability and willingness to undertake business travel regionally and globally as required
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 210,000 professionals are committed to making an impact that matters.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte & Touche is an affiliate of DCB Holding Limited, the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. The Deloitte team in Trinidad is committed to providing audit and assurance, tax and compliance, accounting, consulting, financial advisory, and enterprise risk services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our objective is to make an impact that matters by building long-term relationships and delivering measurable value for our clients' businesses.
Requisition code: TT143283HM