Job Title: Finance Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Finance Manager CBC Central Financial Reporting TeamManager
About the Firm
The Deloitte in Trinidad team is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Risk Advisory to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrow’s agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
About the Role
As a Manager in Finance you will provide direct internal finance support for the Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) Finance Shared Services network. You will leverage best practices, processes and policies developed for the CBC to all offices and ensure consistent application across the CBC. This role will encompass both local and cross-border responsibilities allowing you to work closely with other finance professionals within the CBC region including Bermuda, The Virgin Islands, Cayman, Bahamas, Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago.
CBC Finance Reporting
- Assist with all relevant DTTL Reporting (Fig, FINCON, Flash Results etc.)
- Liaises with local teams to ensure that instructions are understood and results can be produced accurately and on time
- Assist with Functional Service level reporting/stakeholder reporting and communications
- Assists with regular reviews of group reporting and accounting policies that ensure compliance with DTTL member firm standards
- Leverage best practice to all CBC offices
- Coordination between CBC Payables and Time & Billing SME as they relate to the GL reporting as whole.
- Assist with meeting Member Firm Standards as they relate to Finance (MFS 4&7)
- Maintains a client service-type relationship with all CBC professionals and other stakeholders, ensuring the highest level of service
- Develops a strong internal and external network to bring best practice insights in to the firm to keep abreast of changing systems and practices which might benefit the FSS
General Ledger (GL) and related project enhancements
- Responsible for working with other CBC Finance SME’s to ensure the accurate and efficient flow of data into
- Proactively challenges processes and inefficiencies striving for constant improvement
- Assist the GL SME with the development of dashboards and other simplified and easy to use information for stakeholders at all levels including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for partners (used also by Talent/GPS)
- Assist the GL SME with maintaining system reports and KPIs; considering the design, relevance to the business and ease of interpretation as well as consistency with DTTL Global Finance requirements
- Assist the GL SME in reviewing amending associated policies and processes; as related to the General Ledger & Reporting
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
- Act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develop high-performing people and team through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Member of a recognized accounting body (CPA, CA, ACCA, etc.)
A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
Experience with the following financial systems is desirable but not required:
Practice Engine practice management system (time and billing)
Infor Sun G/L System
Nexus Expense Management System
Vena Software Solutions – budgeting module
3-5 years’ experience in a professional services organization
Strong commitment to providing internal client service
Preparation of accounts to a high standard
Experience in managing multiple projects concurrently
Willingness to be able to be an advocate for and adapt to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
Good interpersonal skills, professional manner and ability to work independently and in a team environment
Good oral and written communication skills
Quick learning capacity
Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines
Sound working knowledge of MS Office required; Excel, Word and Outlook
Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment
The incumbent will be expected to perform the essential functions of the job under normal working conditions and standard business working hours
The incumbent must have the flexibility to work overtime beyond the normal work hours such as on evenings and weekends if necessary in order to meet deadlines
Extended periods of sitting
Ability and willingness to undertake business travel regionally and globally as required
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 210,000 professionals are committed to making an impact that matters.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte & Touche is an affiliate of DCB Holding Limited, the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. The Deloitte team in Trinidad is committed to providing audit and assurance, tax and compliance, accounting, consulting, financial advisory, and enterprise risk services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our objective is to make an impact that matters by building long-term relationships and delivering measurable value for our clients' businesses.
Requisition code: TT143332HM