Job Ref.: HRO2017024
Job Title: TELECOM PROJECT MANAGER
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Town / City:
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
The Telecom Project Manager is responsible for e2e managing projects from presales to delivery (Financial and Operational) independently ensuring good profitability and quality according to the contract and assignment fulfillment. The project manager would be a liaison with senior management and C-suite from customer and own sustainable business relationships with customer beyond the project environment to ensure customer satisfaction and further commercial opportunities.
This role will be responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring and control of projects in order to meet contract deliverables to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, has overall profit and loss responsibility for the project.
Project Governance and Planning:
- Responsible for making an actionable development strategy through close co-operation with the customer for project and business purpose. Participate to contract preparation and to pre-sale meeting to develop the business
- Making project governance model and process internally and externally, build and lead a project team to implement it.
- Development of required project documentation identifying project goals and tasks and generating assignments consistent to meet objectives.
- Leveraging organization in order to fulfill resource plan
- Establishment of change management procedures, including evaluation and communication for project duration.
- Develop reporting strategy for project based on governance model.
Handle customer engagement:
- Manage customer relationship building confidence and trust
- Maintain clear communication with customers regarding mutual expectations and monitors customer satisfaction.
- Build sustainable business relationships beyond the project environment.
- Coordinate and identify new business opportunities.
Drive Project Execution:
- Build and lead project team. Drive team to execute and fulfill assignment
- Take responsibility for project delivery and actively execute in line with project plan while maintaining quality standards, profit target and business operation key index.
- Ensures all commitments are met in accordance with project goals / objectives.
- Control equipment orders and deliveries, service costs, project activities and customer hand-over requirements.
- Financial and progress reporting based on agreed baselines.
- Manage project data in order to predict project results and success factors.
Manage Project financial and operational performance:
- Main responsibilities on E2E planning and management of financial and operational performance
- Ensure financial system monitoring and ensure project financial performance.
- Drive for continuous efficiency improvement
- Ensure Project Cost Adherence management
- Optimize Project operational performance (non-financial KPIs, e.g. Project Schedule Adherence)
- Ensure efficient claim management
- Aim to improve revenue by e.g. capturing up-selling opportunities by effective Change Management
Manage Risks and Scope Changes:
- Performs risk management across full project life cycle, monitor and handle changes, conflicts and escalations.
- Manage scope and change, formulate action plans to mitigate risk and minimize schedule delays and costs.
- Actively take advantage of change opportunities and recommends new or revised strategies for project integration.
- Effectively manage closure of project through to final acceptance by the customer. Ensure an on-time and in-budget project.
- Assure quality standards are met on assigned deliverables.
- Evaluate and communicate final project status including lessons learned.
- Use contract information to maximize success of project.
- Actively identify best practice in terms of process, procedure, cost control and tools for future implementation.
Project, Processes and Tools:
- Ensure the consistent application of project methodologies, processes and tools with innovative ideas
- Drive the use of project document control and management.
- Participate in knowledge sharing and coaching to other PMs.