Job Title: Deck Services Supervisor
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Town / City: Offshore
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Deck Services Supervisor
The Deck Services Supervisor is a hands-on position which is responsible for leading related deck service operation and maintenance programs assuring the availability and reliability of the equipment in compliance with the company’s technical and HSSE standards as well as established policies and procedures.
- Supervise all helideck operations, scaffolding, maintenance painting crews and minor construction activities on the asset.
- Responsible for the supervision of all lifting operations, review and approval of lift plans below the gross weight of 20 Tons and engage specialist support for non-routine lifts as required.
- Identify, assign and optimise resources such that the cost efficiency and asset integrity standards of the company and its clients are maintained.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the team, guiding and supporting the execution of activities in an organised and effective manner generating value to both the company and the client.
- Responsible for ensuring that all subordinates strive to enhance the overall relationship with field maintenance and operations personnel.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company and client standards along with current legislation and follows sound maintenance practices.
- Review all reports under areas of control to determine accuracy and follow up on any corrective or improvement actions.
- Review and approve all work packages and procedures for areas under control before execution.
- Liaise with operations and the field maintenance supervisor to coordinate the scheduling of activities for the asset.
- Responsible for input to plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, and early identification of areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified.
- Continuously assess all subordinates and identify training gaps to assure competency and personal development.
- Identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client.
- Responsible for capturing and distributing all lessons learned during activities as well as to develop preventative or corrective actions as required.
- Ensure all records and documentation, both electronic and manual, are maintained to auditable standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness to ensure all sub-ordinates and subcontractors are aware of standards expected to proactively assist in improving and maintaining high HSSE standards and performance.
- Lead risk assessments and actively participate in the investigation of equipment failures/incidents for areas under control.
- Lead the execution of routine daily deck services operations, assuring that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly.
- Carry out emergency response duties as required.
- Ensure a safe place of work by complying with safety standards such as NFPA 70E; NFPA 70B; NEC; NESC as well as Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s), in accordance with the Client’s Control of Work (COW) standards.
- Associate Degree in a related field or a Technical Diploma (MET, EEET, PPO).
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience performing similar role/duties.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures and policies for deck operation.
- Approved training course, either Cogent or Construction Industry Training Board (CITB).
- Experience with offshore lifting operations.
- Experience in construction method and techniques as well as maintenance activities (preventive, predictive and corrective).
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Experience driving and assuring HSSE standards.
- Experience managing people.
- Experience and knowledge of different CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems) preferably MAXIMO and must be able to use the system to perform activities up to and including:
- Conduct Searches/Queries
- Create Work Requests
- Make Status Updates
- Complete Work Orders
- Reporting & Generating Follow up Work Orders
- Flagging/Requesting improvements
- Intermediate Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Must be a good communicator, and team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements