Job Title: Store Supervisor
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Assists with overseeing the operations of the retail store.
- Supervises retail staff, including but not limited to staff on the shop floor and the inventory team.
- Implements and executes the Company’s policies and procedures regarding cash management, store security and inventory (shrink, damages and expiries control).
- Supervises and executes the inventory process, including receiving, stocking, pricing, returning and transferring of merchandise.
- Ensures proper housekeeping of all inventory and inventory related areas and ensures that products are clean and ready to be displayed.
- Participates in stock counts as required, including but not limited to investigating and analyzing variances and ensuring that areas identified for improvement are successfully addressed.
- Performs and supervises replenishment and merchandising in accordance with planograms and assists with store displays and execution of all store specific promotional and marketing programs as directed.
- Ensures that pricing is accurate and that price tags are affixed in the appropriate locations to ensure accuracy and visibility to customers.
- Assists with the analysis of financial statements in order to enhance profit making opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends and implements these changes for operational and customer service improvement.
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines, motivates and trains employees to achieve established targets.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a retail environment.
- At least one year experience using inventory management systems including ordering, receiving and analyzing shrink.
Skills/Abilities considered as assets for the job:
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of direct reports.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Computer literate and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel; Word and PowerPoint.