Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Physiotherapist I
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be responsible for providing physiotherapy services to patients with impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease or other causes; provide prevention and wellness services. Also, works within standards of practice guidelines as defined by the Council of Professions Related to Medicine – Physiotherapists Board.
- Demonstrates and articulates sound clinical reasoning in synthesizing complex evaluation data, identifies diagnosis and develops a comprehensive plan of care.
- Demonstrates skill in selecting and providing a wide range of intervention strategies and monitors their effectiveness.
- Understands the role of Physiotherapy in the context of the patients’ age, total needs, perspective and environment.
- Performs age appropriate competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient problems.
- Follows intervention protocols and alters plan of care appropriately.
- Discharges patient when goals have been met or medical necessity is no longer warranted as an intervention.
- Establishes provisions for continuing services/follow up as needed.
- Ensures that patient/family understands when and how to access further intervention.
- Meets competency skills for evaluations in area of practice.
- Consistently meets patient care productivity standard as established for job classification.
- Works cooperatively with supervisors and peers to contribute to the overall productivity of the team.
- Utilises support personnel (aides, attendants, etc) as appropriate and available.
- Actively supports and participates in patient coverage efforts across all divisions within the department as necessary.
- Assesses the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers. Initiates patient and family education in a timely manner relative to age, readiness to learn and emotional status.
- Utilises appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately.
- Ensures documentation is timely, legible and efficient and meets the profession and department’s documentation standards.
- Ensures oral reporting is clear, relevant and timely.
- Performs all required data collection for the department accurately and within expected time frame.
- Provides outreach and learning activities as requested which may include: in-services on related topics, generating referrals and interacting with volunteers or visitors.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Training as evidenced by the possession of Bachelors or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy, entry level Doctor of Physical Therapy from an accredited university or college.
- Current registration with the Council for Professions Related to Medicine – Physiotherapists’ Board.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 03, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.