Job Ref.: Creamery Novelties
Job Title: QA/QC Technician
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City: Diego Martin
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To ensure all processes from the receipt of raw material to the storage and delivery of finished products are in compliance with stated quality standards and product specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform sensory, physical, chemical and visual evaluation of raw material, in process and finished products following SOPs and specifications.
- Perform monitoring and measuring activities of product, process lines, freezer and chiller rooms to ensure products are being produced and stored in compliance with GMPs and according to specified requirements.
- Monitor employee behavior for adherence to company’s operating procedure and GMPs.
- Notify supervisor and/or employees if evaluation parameters are out of spec and corrective actions needed.
- Record data collected accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare reagents and solutions for use in testing.
- Collect samples for microbiological testing.
- Provide support for investigations of internal and external non-conformities.
- Perform various laboratory test related to the product being produce.
- Assist in developing and maintaining raw material and finished product specifications.
- Perform calibration of testing equipment.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine solution strengths, production line yields and efficiencies.
- Cleaning and maintaining all equipment in the laboratory.
- Keeping work area clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform weekly trap inspections throughout the facility.
- Liaise with external service provider on management of pest control program.
- Ability to understand, record and communicate system problems and solutions.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Chemistry, Science Technician Diploma or A Level Chemistry.
- Experience in a laboratory environment would be an asset
- Familiarity with quality/food safety programs eg GMPs, SSOP, HACCP, preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong math, statistical and analytical skills with ability to problem solve.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to work shifts, overtime, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lb (23kg)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, bend, reach, twist, stoop.