Job Ref.: Creamery Novelties
Job Title: Refrigeration/Maintenance Technician
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City: Diego Martin
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Responsible for the monitoring, servicing and repairing; as well as preventive maintenance of equipment and facilities to ensure reliability, maximum uptime of equipment and performance as designed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct repairs to refrigeration piping and plumbing systems and equipment for heating and cooling systems.
- Test joints and connections in refrigeration piping or tubing, using compound pressure gauge and/or soap and water solution to locate leaks.
- Troubleshoot systems using various test equipment and tools to isolate problems in order to carry out repair.
- Troubleshoot and repair production equipment in a food manufacturing environment, either during production hours or outside of production hours.
- Record inspection and monitoring data on maintenance forms and work orders as necessary.
- Monitor production and ancillary equipment for proper operation and performance.
- Perform monitoring checks on all working equipment.
- Check blueprints, manuals and parts catalogues as necessary to diagnose problems and determine how to resolve them.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other components as needed.
- Dismantle equipment and devices to gain access and to remove defective parts. Repair or replace defective equipment, components or wiring.
- Reassemble and test equipment after completing repairs.
- Record on work orders the time and materials expended on each task.
- Suggest methods to improve processes and efficiency.
- Keep work areas clean, safe and organized at all times while working.
- Work in a safe manner following all and plant safety rules.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Certificate/Diploma in Maintenance/Refrigeration Technology or MET/MEET certification or any other suitable combination of qualifications and experience would be considered.
- Knowledgeable in the operation, repair and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and refrigeration systems.
- Experience in the manufacturing / industrial maintenance field is desired.
- Familiarity with PLCs and microprocessor based systems is desired.
- Familiarity with repair of pumps and motors.
- Ability to read and understand blueprint and schematic diagrams.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to receive and follow instructions.
- Ability to work shifts, overtime, and weekends
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lb (23kg)