Job Title: Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lead Civil/Structural Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of Civil/Structural engineering services and act as a focal point for the engineering activities of the Civil/Structural discipline; they will also be responsible for management of resources, technology and the maintenance of the technical assurance of the discipline.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Keeps up to date with technical developments, client and Massy Wood Group specifications, industry, national and international codes, standards and legislative requirements relevant to the role.
- Demonstrates the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline applications.
- Coordination of technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Development of discipline scopes of work, estimates and schedules.
- Management of the overall contract discipline scope of work, budget, schedule and resource requirement with respect to delivery, monitoring and changes.
- Knowledge and application of client specific standards.
- Discipline focal point for the contract.
- Originating discipline deliverables.
- Assisting the Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Ensure discipline is represented at contract technical meetings.
- Ensure discipline is represented at contract Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments, etc.
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Resource planning to maintain adequate staff levels considering short and long term requirements of the contract.
- Following procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Checking of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Reviewing work processes of discipline personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Approving of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents for the contract.
- Delivering the contract discipline scope of work within man-hour budget.
- Delivering the contract discipline scope of work to schedule.
- Maintaining an overview of all discipline work for the contract by regular contact with Project Management.
- Liaising with client discipline representative.
- Managing increase or reduction in discipline scope of work for the contract and advising Project Management accordingly.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project to Project Management while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Identifying discipline scopes of work for the contract.
- Preparing discipline CTR estimates for the contract.
- Providing input to project execution plans and schedules for the contract.
- Reporting discipline progress for the contract.
- Developing working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Responsible for performance appraisals of discipline personnel working on the contract.
- Perform all other related job functions as required
- First Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (BSc, BEng)
- Typically a minimum of 12 years relevant experience
- Membership of the IStructE preferred
- Professional, chartered or registered engineering status preferred
- Second Degree (MSc, MBA) preferred
- Possesses skilled application of discipline software and tools
- Possesses skilled application of a majority of discipline applications
- Possesses skilled application in managing personnel
- Possesses skilled application in managing jobs / projects
- Assessed competent as Lead Engineer in accordance with ENG-PRC-1100
- Possesses a sound command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.