Job Title: Senior Operations Manager
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Operations Manager
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for staffing and resourcing customer-facing Services engagements. In this role, the individual will be responsible for leading the process for resource tracking and allocation across AMTL’s consulting engagements and service contracts. He/she will ensure the right fit of all capabilities against customer needs, and working to ensure the organization meets its business and customer satisfaction goals through effective resourcing.
This is a hands-on role, interacting with consultants, sales, project managers / engagement managers, directors and executives. Other responsibilities of this position will be to oversee the timely and efficient (within budget) delivery of contracted services. It also involves monitoring of and reporting on the performance of the delivery process, and managing the development and management of related products for the company.
In addition to the aforementioned, a key function of this role will see to the proper management of departmental budgets and ensure that KPIs are held within performance expectations of the regions under his/her control.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Highly collaborative working style.
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to create new tools and processes and comfortable with ambiguity. Enthusiasm for the unknown.
- A focus on getting things done.
- Direct experience working with Sales, Consulting and Project Management preferred.
- Hands-on experience with project and resource management tools preferred.
- Experience in the Talent Management space a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems and Management, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 7 years of previous consulting or resource management experience is preferred.
Project Management certification a plus.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING – The ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues.
- CHANGE LEADERSHIP - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace.
- COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK - Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- COMMUNICATION: OPEN - Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING - Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer's needs effectively.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- INITIATIVE - Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- PROBLEM SOLVING - Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE - Emphasizes the broader, longer term vision and values of the organization as a means of guiding decisions and actions.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE - Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.