Job Title: FACILITIES SUPERINTENDENT
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION – FACILITIES SUPERINTENDENT
As a Facilities Superintendent you will be expected to execute Field / Facilities projects, including but not limited to, scheduling, resource allocation (labor & equipment), and material procurement. Coordinate and communicate project status to the General Manager and/or Project Manager. Maintain the project costs, schedule, profitability, safety, quality, and documentation, ensuring client satisfaction within project requirements. Ensure that projects are completed in a manner consistent with the project guidelines and regulations.
Provide direction to craft labor to ensure construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance with company policy and engineering standards.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of personnel and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Represent on-site for meetings with clients.
• Plan and supervise crew’s activities. Includes reviewing method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
• Actively resolve construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections are scheduled and work is executed in conformance with the project schedule.
• Review daily/weekly activity plans to ensure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place so that the following day’s work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of all site workers by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Inspect work to ensure quality and project specifications are met.
• Perform additional assignments per manager's direction.
Minimum five years of construction experience leading multiple crews simultaneously under critical deadlines
• Proven experience building industrial facilities with specific expertise in Mechanical process
• Knowledge of all construction disciplines (civil, electrical, etc.) a plus
• Cost control, manpower planning, equipment forecasting and scheduling knowledge
• Knowledge of computer systems and programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)