Job Title: Accounting Assistant - Receivables
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Accounting Assistant - Receivables
We are seeking a proactive individual who will aggressively provide day-to-day accounting support geared towards the achievement of the departmental objectives and support throughout the organization relating to the Company's Accounts Receivables function.
The following are some of the main functions of the role:
- Communicate with all customers to follow up on payments of overdue balances on a weekly basis.
- Print & distribute customers’ statements on a monthly basis
- Address customer queries concerning invoices, statements, credit notes and conduct follow up on all short payments.
- Generate an aging report and communicate with internal sales representatives to receive an update on collections of overdue amounts.
- Co-ordinate with internal resources to arrange for the collection of cheques
- Post and apply all credit notes immediately against the relevant invoices to ensure that the AR balances are accurate and complete at all times.
- Review monthly credit note reports to identify any issues, which should be reported to the CFO.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for AR balances
- Prepare reconciliations of the AR sub-ledger to the corresponding General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis, identifying any variances, investigating accordingly and proposing adjustments where necessary.
- Monitor credit limits to ensure compliance to AR policies and procedures, and flag any deviances to these policies.
- Create new customer accounts and ensure the correct General Ledger account is mapped to the customer account in Microsoft Great Plains.
- Approve credit overrides and ensure that for each credit override the customer is preparing a payment to compensate.
- Prepare ad-hoc management reports, when required, on AR balances.
- Review physical customer invoice for accuracy of figures, VAT allocation/calculation and Sales Reps Identification Keys for agreement between hard copy of invoice and Dynamics GP. If anomalies are detected such as VAT calculations, immediately notify CFO before making any changes or re-printing the invoice.
- Post all customer invoices on a daily basis.
- After completing reconciliations of the AR balances, prepare relevant journal adjustments to update the Bad Debt Provision. Ensure that the provisions for bad & doubtful debts are in accordance with policy.
- Generate and upload intercompany confirmations and statements on "SharePoint" every month end. Conduct follow ups on all group companies to ensure timely receipt of the replies to the confirmations letters so that reconciliations can also be performed on a monthly basis in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely collection of deposits from the Cash and Collections Processing Officer. Generate Foreign Currency and General Ledger receipts on a daily basis. Perform a review over the accuracy and completeness of the receipts generated and the corresponding deposit to the bank on a daily basis.
- Review bank statements and follow up on all ACH credits, returned cheques, and re-deposits on a weekly basis. Prepare, review and sort remittances received via direct debit.
- Maintaining accurate filing of documents.
- Assisting with the provision of support and requested information to Auditors (Internal and External).
Applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Level 2 ACCA or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in credit management function
- Excellent communication skills