Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Supply Chain Team and the development and management of all processes relating to procurement, delivery and invoicing for product deliveries to our customers. The incumbent is also responsbile for the warehouse and inventory control & management. The role entails development and sourcing of additional core suppliers, purchasing assigned products/services, monitoring and interpreting market conditions and trends and designing and implementing purchasing plans for assigned materials and customers.
- Oversee the sourcing and procurement of goods and services through successful negotiations, cost savings and in-bound/ out-bound logistics within the Group's procurement guidelines to ensure On Time & In Full (OTIF) customer delivery.
- Develop and implement appropriate procurement and logistics plans, implement sourcing plans and tactics, maximize supplier performance through price negotiations to achieve economies and efficiencies of scale.
- Maintain communication with key suppliers on a regular basis to ensure expectations are being met and continuous improvement opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that all activities relating to the clearance of cargo are carefully planned and executed so as to eliminate/ minimise demurrage/ rental charges.
- Inventory Control, Inventory management, forecasting, scheduling and delivery of customer orders.
- Manage warehousing operations to ensure that physical stock is accurately received and recorded into the MS Dynamics GP system, visual inspections are completed, appropriate storage is allocated and all inventory control measures are implemented so as to achieve zero discrepancies on each stock count.
- Ensure the accurate picking of goods for delivery to the customer is completed and all issues/returns are recorded on the relevant authorised documents. Ensure that the appropriate channels for the investigation and resolution of discrepancies are utilised and all relevant documentation as requried by the QMS system are completed and submitted within established guidelines.
- Support periodic physical inventory counts led by the Finance department to ensure that physical inventory is accurately reflected in the Dynamics GP system.
- Prepare and analyze supplier data for contract negotiations and provide timely updates to the Engineering and Finance Teams on existing and potential agency agreements.
- Spend analyses, research market and industry conditions, and collect forecast data on volumes and pricing.
- Relationship management and problem resolution with all internal and external stakeholders that focuses on effective communication and accountability.
- Lead customer reviews and obtain customer feedback as required by the QMS. Work with Quality Manager to ensure that customer feedback and complaints are thoroughly investigated with appropriate corrective measures (if required) identified and assigned to relevant departments to mitigate future occurences.
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry and provide feedback on global and local vendor trends that would lead to increase in competitive pricing and improved margins.
- Implement company goals, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines to ensure effective department operations and oversee/ mentor staff providing direction and guidance, and administering management functions within the Group's employment policies.
- Implements and tracks departmental quality management standards that monitor and evaluate team performance and consistency with departmental Key Performance Indicators;
- The Supply Chain Manager is expected to be an emotionally intelligent individual who possess a diverse combination of strong leadership and negotiation skills whilst being able to lead a team of multi-talented individuals toward achieving a common objective.
- The individual will be a dynamic self-starter who is goal-oriented and challenges the status quo in search of a better, more effective way.
- The ideal candidate should be able to set clear direction for the department and hold team members accountable for delivering performance and demonstrate a clear understanding and appreciation for good corporate governance and industry best practice.
Educational Background and Experience:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent. CIPS qualified would be considered an asset.
- Sound understanding of legal, financial and commercial contractual terms and conditions
- Expert in integrated supply chain and logistics
- Expertise in MS-Excel - Pivot tables, V look-ups, etc and the MS Office Suite
- 15+ years experience in Supply Chain with at least 7+ years in management of a supply chain team.
- Excellent experience with inventory management, purchasing, and supplier selection of core suppliers.
- Experience in market analysis and selecting the right source strategy etc.
- Experience with MS Dynamics GP or any integrated ERP software would be considered an asset.