Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative, clerical and financial support to all levels of managerial and line accounting staff for the achievement of effective, efficient and accurate outcomes in the department.
- Collects, sorts and processes accounting documents and information such as journals, payroll documents, statistical data/output levels, invoices, receipts and reports etc. on a daily basis.
- Reviews accounting documents and information for accuracy and completeness on a daily basis.
- Resolves all discrepancies associated with documents/information presented for processing with all relevant internal departments and /or external contacts.
- Enters and processes accounting transactions in the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Directly interacts with internal departments and external customers/contacts to resolve queries and to provide accurate and relevant information on a daily basis.
- Maintains supplier accounts and balances in accordance with the company policy and reconciles supplier accounts to resolve all discrepancies with the accounting system on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Collects and deposits all receipts by the Authority and enters all receivable transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Maintains and updates the Fixed Asset Register on the accounting system in accordance with the Authority’s Fixed Asset Policy which includes: capitalizing, labeling and verification of fixed assets.
- Analyses the General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis to ensure the complete and accurate accounting of all transactions in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and prepares General Ledger/Audit schedules.
- Prepares adjusting journals/transactions for entry into the accounting system.
- Collects and deposits cheques from various sources primarily the Ministry of Health, banks, employees, refunds etc.
- Prepares Value Added Tax (VAT) returns on a monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations and investigates, resolves and journalises all reconciling items/discrepancies.
- Prepares daily and weekly work schedules to accomplish the assigned duties in accordance with required performance standards.
- Maintains filing records.
- Prepares business letters, memoranda, management reports etc.
- Disburses and replenishes petty cash in accordance with the Financial Policies and Procedures and records all petty cash transactions on a daily basis.
- Batches payment documents/vouchers and prints cheques on a daily basis.
- Collates monthly statistical reports for all units under the Authority.
- Collects budget and costing data; enters and prepares budget allocation worksheets for the periodic budget reports.
- Assists in the calculation and analysis of expenditure variances.
- Verifies stock count entries for all institutions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares payroll expenditure reports on a monthly basis.
- Disburses cheques, payslips and any other documents to internal customers and external parties.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) CXC O’level passes; two (2) of which must be English Language and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts.
- Completion of Level 1 Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or completion of the Advanced Level in Certified Accounting Technician (CAT), or any other equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in an accounting environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
January 19, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.