Job Title: Crane Operator
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Crane Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and general maintenance of the various cranes located onsite. The candidate is responsible for safely and efficiently lifting and moving/relocating equipment, materials and supplies utilized in the daily operations including offloading and back-loading of equipment and supplies, etc. from water vessels as well as moving heavy or bulky materials throughout the rig, various storerooms and to and from the rig floor and work area.
- Liaise with Operations, Maintenance, Drilling, Project and Mods and Deck crews to plan lifting operations
- Assisting with risk assessments for all major lifting operations
- Lifting operations carried out with the pedestal cranes
- Maintain cranes in a clean and tidy condition, including cabs, machinery housings and external surfaces
- Daily reporting will be in the form of a written log detailing work carried out, spares ordered and consumed in line with a pre-use/daily checklist, general condition, status etc.
- Performance of regular planned preventative maintenance, inspection and servicing routines (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, 3- and 6-monthly) per API Recommended Practice 2D, inclusive of all pedestal crane and such other equipment as may be agreed between Massy WG and the Client and reporting of data into the company CMMS system
- Perform repair work as identified by Planned Preventative Maintenance inspection and other inspections on cranes
- Preparation of cranes for inspection or survey by verification authorities or third party ensuring the validity of all relevant certification
- The Crane Maintainer/Operator will also undertake other works (baggage handling, rigging loft controller, lifting champion) at the discretion of Massy WG on equipment unrelated to cranes but deemed to be within their competence and fulfil such emergency duties as required by Asset management
- Responsible for the call off, integrity and contents of all installation-held crane spares supplied by the Client
- Liaison with the Fixed Lifting Equipment Examiner, locating equipment before and after inspection visit, ensuring that certificates are in place and undertaking minor corrective maintenance.
- Carry out crane operations including inboard day to day pick-up/lay-down of equipment and supply vessel offloading/back loading.
- Liaise with onshore engineering support for crane related maintenance issues.
- Report any anomalies to asset maintenance team for integration into Maintenance Management System.
- MET (Mechanical Engineering Technician) or EET (Electrical Engineering Technician) certification or accepted equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years hands on experience with cranes (Preferably off-Shore).
- Must possess Qualified Crane Inspector Qualifications as per the latest edition of API Recommended Practice 2D and possess significant knowledge in the following:
- Lubricating Points.
- Principles of Crane Operation.
- Safety Devices.
- Use, care and selection of Wire ropes and Pendants.
- Proper reading and understanding of Crane Lifting Capacity Charts.
- Boom and Indicator Charts.
- Integrated Weight System Operation.
- Hand Signal Charts.
- Must be a good communicator, and team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.