Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Order all approved goods and services in accordance with purchasing policies, procedures and standards.
• Planning and scheduling of receipts for all incoming raw materials, packaging and colours
• Establish and ensure lead times for ordering/receiving of goods and services.
• Liaises with demand planner, warehouse and other key stakeholders for volumes/quantities by type and date required.
• Complete web based requisitions and convert to purchase orders
• Ensure raw material orders and third party items are processed within adequate time to ensure 100% available supply.
• Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, availability, lead time and capacity of goods and services.
• Liaise with suppliers, brokers and government agencies as required.
• Report on suppliers’/contractors’ performance to ensure quality of service.
• Prepare the landed cost for all raw material purchases
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Proactively and innovatively resolve shortages/overages in accordance with contractual agreements and service level agreements.
• Ensure that the Customs department has accurate documentation before the shipment arrives so as to minimize demurrage, port rent and other related cost
• CIPS level 2 or a first degree in Management
• Two years’ experience in a similar working position
• An equivalent combination of academic and work experience
Other requirements to perform the job:
• Negotiation skills
• Good communication skills
• Excellent time-management.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to analyze and execute in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
• Computer Literate