Job Title: Production Manager
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Objective and general overview of the position:
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling the production processes of the Moulding Division (Blow Moulding, PET, Injection Moulding), ensuring company’s target are met in terms of production volume, quality, deadline and profitability, according to customer requirements and business plan goals.
- Work as a part of the Operations Technical team to develop and refine a long/medium-term plan for the Company.
- Direct the manufacturing processes (Blow Moulding, PET and Injection Moulding) to achieve prompt production of finished goods for all customers of the company in an efficient manner.
- Ensure the quality of all finished goods conforms to customer requirements and internal quality specifications.
- Ensure that all production lines operate with maximum output and minimum scrap generation.
- Prepare the production budget, setting goals and objectives on an annual basis. Report status of goals and objectives to Operations Manager within specified timeframe.
- Prepare monthly reports, reflecting objectives for the month compared to budget.
- Analyze process performance and implement measures to facilitate improvements.
- Investigate customer complaints and internal non-conformities to ensure proper corrective and preventive action is taken.
- Assist in setting direction for the company with respect to management systems such as ISO, GMP, etc.
- Ensure Section Supervisors complete annual appraisals for all employees on time.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all Section Supervisors reporting to the position.
- Monitor performance (including attendance and punctuality) of all Section Supervisors reporting to the position on achievement of KPIs and report performance feedback at least annually.
- Handle employee complaints and initiate disciplinary action accordingly, with the guidance of the HR Department.
- Ensure all employees comply with the factory rules and Health and Safety Guidelines. Ensure good housekeeping of the factory floor.
- To ensure all actions are in accordance with the Company’s established policies and practices.
- Liaise with the all departments/units to ensure product targets are met.
- Ensure the smooth running of the department by coordinating all activities and functions.
- Ensure that manpower is managed to meet operational demands and minimize overtime work and payments.
- Assist on any committees/groups/task forces that may be formed to deal with specific plant related issues.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety culture within the company.
- Ensure adherence to established and approved Standard Operating Procedures, Conditions and Limits Conduct any other related duties that may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Liaise with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.
- Compliance with ANSA Mcal Group Policies.
- Well organized and alert
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Reliable and disciplined
- Ability to lead a team
- Team player
Training and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Sciences or related field.
- 5 - 8 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing background
- Experience in Injection Moulding or Blow Moulding will be considered an asset.