Job Title: Production Operator
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Production Operator is responsible for assisting the Production Technician with the operations of equipment in the Extrusion Department (inclusive of the Munchy). This includes assisting with machine set-up, start up and shut down, machine operation, production quality and housekeeping. All work shall be performed while following the rules, technical work procedures and guidelines, of ANSA Polymer, with special attention being given to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Assist with preparation and set up of machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start production cycle in accordance with defined procedures, specifications and as per production schedule.
- Interface with computer control system to assist with control, troubleshooting and adjusting machine settings as required.
- Assist with monitoring and troubleshooting equipment programs as necessary to improve product quality, machine cycle times and overall throughput per customer requirements.
- Perform regular lubrication on production equipment and system checks in accordance with preventative maintenance/production established schedules.
- Maintains equipment logs on assigned machines and prepare production reports recording pertinent information about downtime, process changes etc.
- Ensure product output quality meets customer specifications. Perform necessary quality checks to spot any machine related mistakes or flaws and report to the Production Technician/Section Supervisor.
- Regrind/recycle rejected or waste material.
- Assist with job changeovers as directed by Production Technician / Supervisor.
- Assist with machine repairs and preventative maintenance as required or as directed by Production Technician/Supervisor.
- Ensure a continuous supply of raw materials to the machines specific to the jobs on the machines.
- Clean die as required.
- Ensure hopper bins are filled with resin at all times
- Complete production tags/pallet tickets to ensure identification and traceability of all finished goods.
- Assist with mixing of Resins as per ANSA Polymer formula guide.
- Prepare production reports and maintain logs associated with the job function.
- Assist in monthly stock taking exercises.
- Ensures full compliance with all OSH standards and Company policies.
- Ensures continuity of operations on machines in cases of absences.
- Ensures general housekeeping standards are maintained in the department.
- Assists with training when required.
- Perform other duties in the Film Department as requested by the Manager and in instances of machine downtime.
- Three O’levels (inclusive of Maths and English)
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Computer Literate
BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as operating instructions, technical procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent time-management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to drive and operate forklift
- Ability to handle heavy lifting and moving >55 lbs.