Job Title: AC Technician (C Class) - Tobago
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
AC Technician (C Class) - Tobago
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The HVAC Technician performs skilled work in the repairs, maintenance and installation of ventilating and air conditioning equipment and systems.
- Assists with the installation, service, troubleshooting and repairs to air conditioning systems.
- Use basic AC technician tools to work with a senior technician to repair, install and service AC systems
- Demonstrate and apply the knowledge of superheat, sub-cooling and wiring diagrams in the troubleshooting and repairs of air conditioning systems.
- Work along senior counterpart to plan, secure parts, material and produce documentation prior to job execution
- Anticipate senior technician needs with respect the execution and completion of jobs
- Demonstrate and apply the knowledge of how to use various measuring and testing instruments.
- Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting as is relate to the installation of AC systems.
- Accurately complete job tickets and requisitions parts when required in a timely manner.
- In addition to such duties and responsibilities, you shall be required from time to time to perform other related activities as may be determined by your direct supervisor and adhere to such rules and regulations as Management may from time to time make and communicate to you.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate Degree/ Relavant Qualifications
- Training as evidenced by a Valid Certification (passing grade) from a recognized institution or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Possess all tools required under the Trainee Tools Schedule
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar role
- Detail oriented and possess the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
Required hands-on, technical or other types of training to perform the job:
- Knowledge of all components of the basic refrigeration cycle.
- General knowledge of the company’s products.
- Competent with electrical wiring and plumbing
- Familiar with all tools of the air conditioning trade and basic safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties