Job Title: Assistant Cook
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Has a vacancy for a
Duties and Responsibilities
- To efficiently complete all assigned tasks on time.
- To assist in all areas of general Mise en Plas.
- To assist with all Buffet set ups and food preparation.
- To assist in all Banquet and Catering preparation & presentation.
- To maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- To leave work area in a clean and hygienic state.
- To assist in stock control, storage and presentation.
- To constantly update your knowledge of foods and presentation methods.
- To assist in maintaining correct rotation of all food products.
- Culinary degree or the equivalent would be an asset, but can be offset by working experience.
- Experience with Banquet Operations and Offsite Catering Operations or Cruise Ship
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of basic training techniques.
- Awareness of health and sanitation laws.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine.
- Highly Motivated
- A Self Starter
- Professional communication skills, oral and written.
- Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience