Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: CHIEF AUDIT EXECUTIVE
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
Chief Audit Executive
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing the operations of the Authority to ensure that performance systems are in accordance with approved policies and regulations.
- Prepares and implement a risk-based Internal Audit Plan for the Authority on a annual basis using appropriate methodology including any special tasks or projects requested by Board, management and the audit committee.
- Leads the activities of the department to ensure that all work is performed independently with due diligence and timelines, with adequate support for appropriate findings to meet the requirements of the charter.
- Submits periodic reports to the Audit Committee and management summarising results of audit activities.
- Performs/assists in the investigation of significant activities within the organisation.
- Develops appropriate department operating procedures.
- Leads and co-ordinate the activities of the department to ensure staff is engaged in examining and analysing accounting records.
- Prepares and submit Internal Audit reports in accordance with audit plans to the Chief Executive Officer, the Board and relevant managers on a monthly basis highlighting significant engagement observations and recommendations and significant deviations from planned audit schedules.
- Develops and review policies and procedures for the Internal Audit activity in compliance with the Definition of Internal Auditing standards and Code of Ethics.
- Conducts operational, economy, efficiency, performance, financial and compliance audits to ensure that policies and systems of control are robust and make recommendations for the improvement of the organisation.
- Ensures the Authority’s assets and interests are accounted for and safeguarded from loss of any kind arising from fraud and other offences; waste, extravagant or inefficient administration and poor values for money or other causes.
- Maintains a professional Audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certification.
- Adapts a consultative role to ensure that required solutions are implemented to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of systems.
- Designs, monitor and maintain audit programmes and working schedules for the recording, control and storage of evidence against audit requirements.
- Attends Audit Committee and Management Team Meetings of the Authority to be abreast with the Authority’s plans and activities.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualification, Training and Experience:
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) certification will be an asset.
- ACCA or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in the field, of which five (5) must be at a managerial level and or Audit Manager.
- Registration with recognised professional body will be an asset.
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Any equivalent qualificaitons, training and experience may be considered.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by March 19, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledge