Job Title: Construction Coordinator – Mechanical/Civil & Electrical /Instrumentation
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Construction Coordinator – Mechanical/Civil & Electrical /Instrumentation
The Construction Coordinator will be responsible for construction and minor modification performance with respect to delivery of work, improvement, and cost and QHS&E performance. The Construction Coordinator in conjunction with the Construction Engineers will ensure readiness for execution according to agree milestones, including work-packs, materials, tools, equipment and resources. During execution, the Construction Coordinator will ensure the scope is carried out in accordance with the work-pack and that ITRs, ITPs and certifications is progressively completed as construction activities are progressed.
- Responsible for the quality, accuracy, integrity and timely issue of construction deliverables.
- Ensure readiness for execution including work-packs, materials, equipment and subcontractor.
- Track the progress of all projects, reporting progress, concerns and recommended corrective actions promptly to the Construction Superintendent.
- Ensure work pack documentation including ITRs, ITPS and Mechanical completion certification is progressively completed as construction tasks are completed
- Responsible for Construction input into project plans and schedules.
- Develop and improve relationships between engineering, maintenance, operations and construction teams including Sub Contractor Departments.
- Act as the Focal Point for all Construction related activities within the assigned assets.
- Interface with the Construction Engineering and maintenance organisations to provide best fit solutions and early construction input to design process and Construction Work pack development.
- Ensure that the business drivers and performance incentives are fully understood by all personnel being supervised.
- Responsible for the motivation of staff to identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client.
- Identify appropriate resources required to perform works and forward planning of resources, taking into account cross asset requirements.
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules and achievement of agreed schedules, identification and corrective action relating to Project areas of concern during any Constructability studies or reviews.
- Responsible for raising the necessary support documents for Project Control Purposes as a result of increases or reduction in work scopes.
- Responsible for achieving the project target and completion of the project within the budget and schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that all supervised staff are aware of continuous improvement issues and keep abreast of new technology.
- Complete with the input from the Construction Superintendent the appraisals, both annual and interim, for the Field Supervisors, identifying their competence gaps and implement a job training plan.
- Responsible for assuring the complete documentation of all implemented projects and ensuring that all Mechanical Completion Dossiers are progressively signed off and accepted by all parties.
- Responsible for rolling out of work packs to field supervisors, HSSE and subcontractor personnel.
- Review and approve subcontractor daily resource tickets.
- Responsible for capturing and sharing learning during the execution of projects.
- Ensure projects are carried out in accordance with applicable codes, specifications, industry standards and Client Site Technical Practices (STPs).
- Ensure QA/QC engagement in Engineering / Procurement / Construction.
- Ensure that all Massy Wood Group Subcontractors adhere strictly to all QA/QC requirements.
- Ensure that Field Supervisors submit all Quality Check Sheets in a timely manner to DCC for inclusion in original work packs.
- Responsible for attending daily project and operations meetings.
- Responsible for reviewing supervisor daily reports and submitting to Construction Superintendent, Construction Engineer and Planner.
- Responsible for coordinating subcontractor resources in accordance to approved project budget.
- Play an active role in risk assessments, progress and planning meetings.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Mechanical Technician’s Diploma (MET) OR Instrumentation Technician’s Diploma (IIET) or equivalent certification in a related area of study.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in construction, preferably in oil and gas industry, including supervisory-level experience.
- Knowledge of Construction planning, scheduling and reliability concepts.
- Knowledge of Construction information systems.
- Knowledge of the mechanical completion system
- Ability to interpret specifications and technical documentation including P&IDs and discipline drawings
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Able to interrogate schedules
- Understanding of productivity measure
- Knowledge of industry standards and specifications
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.