Job Title: QA/QC Coordinator
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Civil QA/QC Coordinator will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the execution of QAQC plans for Civil scopes, with emphasis on Buildings and related activities.
- Plans, coordinates and manage on the inspection activities/findings for the Construction Department.
- Coordinate with Contract Managers and Construction Superintendents the correct implementation of Subcontractors Quality Programs and Civil and Building Construction activities.
- Assists to All team Leaders to improve and identify areas of improvement of all stated process works.
- To ensure that all inspections are carried out by authorized inspection personnel and all inspection works are completed in accordance to approved inspection plans, supply chain documentation or specified requirements.
- Coordinating the approval, distribution and revision of work procedures and Process Plans for the overall Civil & Structural activities.
- Ensures that Quality Plans and ITP’s are fulfilled for all Building projects.
- Ensures that engineering codes of practice, engineering standards, and specifications are applied during the design and planning stages.
- Performs verification activities to ensure that receipt, inspection and certification of material & equipment takes place during the applicable project phases.
- Monitors implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of nonconforming products/services through QA/QC Audits or otherwise, until the unsatisfactory condition has been rectified.
- Coordinate the implementation of Quality Surveillances Programs from the Company to the sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Co-ordination of local inspection activities;
- Raise Inspection assignments for sub-contracted Inspections where applicable;
- Review and coordinate with all Field Supervisors and Inspectors the correct reporting of all Civil & Building construction projects, with reference to applicable codes and standards/procedures.
- Coordinate and assist with QA/QC inspectors for inspection activities.
- Attend weekly/monthly sub-contractor meetings to ensure QA/QC input.
- Input to the Project Management group issuing monthly Quality Reports identified key quality problems and Corrective Actions.
- Review work procedures and method statements for compliance with good work practices and the customers contract specializations.
- Liaises with the Organization Team Leaders in the coordination of all external Quality Audits as per approved schedule.
- Manages relationship with subcontracted/supplier companies to ensure compliance between subcontracted services and Company/Client best practices.
- Liaises with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to encourage the Safety Performance and safe behaviour, ensure inherent compliance of maintenance documentation with Company and client’s safety standards.
- Visits worksite to perform QA/QC support as required by the Construction team.
- Liaise with warehouse for inspection and certification requirements, and to ensure receipt-inspection of material is carried out as per Massy Wood Procedures.
- Ensures sampling of material is conducted as per agreed Client & Industry standards (e.g concrete pours, earthfill compaction, etc)
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Diploma/Certification in Civil, Structural or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution (or local equivalent)
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001 from a recognized institution. (For example CMW-OE, CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI).
- Lead or Internal Quality Auditor Training will be a definite asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing quality systems related to the contract scope
- Welding Inspector Certification - CWI or CAWI
- A working knowledge of Construction / Structural / Civil codes and practices such as AISC (American Inst. of Steel Construction) Manual, API RP 757, AWS D1.1, NFPA 5000, etc
- Demonstrated knowledge in ISO-9001 Quality Standard.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively, safely and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office.