Job Title: SCM Analyst (Temporary)
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
SCM Analyst (Temporary)
The SCM Analyst is responsible for ensuring maximum value is derived from purchase expenditure, ensuring continuity of supply while minimizing inventory investment, handling purchase of moderate to large value items and services often of a highly complex technical nature and conducting negotiations with local and international vendors for assigned purchases. The role is also required to assist with administrative and technical support necessary for performing the analytical assessments of contract assignments in support of local or centralised procurement activity.
- To purchase the right quality of material, at the right time, in the right quantity, from the right source, at the right price to fulfil requirements.
- Receives approved requisitions from requestors for a variety of materials, services and equipment and places orders with service and material vendors locally and abroad.
- Maximize value and optimize savings by coordinating alternate sourcing of material, product evaluation, lifecycle costing, competitive bidding and price negotiations with vendors.
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials and services through forward planning.
- Resolves disputes arising with vendors concerning quality, price or delivery problems and handles claims and counter claims as they arise.
- Identify and implement best practices in all procurement processes and build supportive internal and external relationships within Procurement and other business functions.
- Follow sourcing strategies as specified in company’s procurement strategy and procedures.
- Create purchase orders that are technically robust assuring they contain all the necessary information for all parties involved.
- Must ensure vendor submits mandatory documentation such as material test certificates, certificates of conformance, tests certificates, product manuals as per technical requirements.
- Must ensure vendor dispatches materials properly packaged for land, air or and maritime transportation.
- Research market and identify new sourcing options. Shall be responsible for the appropriate vendor selection.
- Develops Tender Documentation inclusive of: Bidders List, Schedule of Key Dates, Contracting Strategy, Scope of Services, Evaluation and Award Criteria.
- Ensures that only contractors pre-qualified by Massy Wood are invited to tender.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the procurement P2P process, from requisition to final payment of vendors assisting with the resolution of invoice issues related to purchases.
- Produce required reports on materials status and procurement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics or related field preferred.
- CIPS Certification up to Level 4 minimum.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a related role in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems associated to a procurement process.
- Knowledge and understanding of Purchasing methods and procedures and technical specifications in the industry.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Customer service oriented specifically towards internal customers and vendors.
- Good understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office and Maximo software.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.