Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
POSITION REPORTS TO: Managing Director (MD)
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives in collaboration with the Managing Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assist in the development and implementation of an Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Plan as a holistic approach of information dissemination
- Assist in communicating new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity
- Preparation of the Company’s Marketing Analysis Report to:
- Assess and report on the company’s brand movement in the market share versus other competitive brands
- Review and report on the daily sales performance and measure against set metrics and implement approved strategies to increase effectiveness and achieve targets
- Monitor, evaluate and report on trade promotion performance at key accounts against standardized set metrics such as extended purchases, customer loyalty and retention etc.
- Analyse and report on results of advertisement and marketing campaigns
- Report on trade visits and developments as requested and to report and address issues of concern (Merchandising, Look of Success, Pricing, Competitor trade activity etc.)
- Assist with planning and implementing marketing and sales strategies to achieve maximum growth potential in all business channels
- Keeps abreast of market conditions, customer trends, competitive, trade, promotional activities, pricing structures, price changes, promotions, inventory supply and product developments to determine customer preferences and to coordinate business activities involving sales of products and services
- Assist in the development and implementation of an actionable online marketing strategy to meet company objectives through social media marketing and to:
- Monitor online blogs for tracking communications related to the brand of the company
- Manage and update Social Media and Company Website content daily
- Preparation of the Company’s Financial Analysis Report to:
- Direct, coordinate, and report on activities in sales and service accounting and recordkeeping
- Create and maintain sales records
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge
- Manage client account services through quality checks and other follow-up procedures
- Supply and report sufficient information to the Marketing Consultant to enable effective budgetary control of specific areas of activity
- Develop and execute a Corporate Sales campaign
- Develop, establish and maintain a customer relationship management database for current and potential customer relationships
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events
- Maintain regular retail visits to monitor brand movement and seek additional opportunity
- Identify retailer/dealer opportunities for further brand expansion
- Develop standardized Company presentations, sales scripts and proposals
- Responsible for updating on a timely basis promotional items inventory and internal stores keeping, monitoring stock levels and sourcing for supplies and ensuring that the stores room is kept clean, safe, and marketing materials are packed and in placed
- Participates in marketing events such as promotions, trade shows, exhibitions and product seminars.
- Producing and distributing quarterly newsletter to internal and external stakeholders
- Implementing project management system for documenting and tracking internal and external business activities
- Develops partnership with internal departments (e.g. customer service, technical operations etc.) to ensure customer satisfaction
- Working with customers in developing case studies, references, and testimonials.
- Update and maintain, promotional and marketing Calendar
- Develop and execute in store training for staff regarding marketing campaigns
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Motivating people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for activities; Makes self available to staff; Develops employees’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services;
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Marketing, Sales, Customer Service or LCCI Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two to three (2-3) years’ experience in sales, customer service, marketing or business development
- Experience in the Food and Beverage Sector will be an asset.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superior decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Superior conflict-management abilities;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access.