Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job / Vacancy Application
Job Ref.: NCT/340/EAL
Job Title: Network And Communications Technician
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
This profile shall be responsible for the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the WAN & LAN networks on land offices and offshore installations.
The functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Configuration and maintenance of networking, wireless and network security equipment and infrastructure
- Delivers network management and support, and provides network maintenance services, including network support, the resolution of network problems and the implementation of preventative measures.
- Investigates security breaches with networks and connectivity infrastructure in accordance with established procedures, and takes the necessary corrective action.
- Onsite support for and resolution of communications incidents
- Administrator level knowledge of:
o Switching L2 and L3
o IP Telephony and VoIP
o Network Security
- Opening of service tickets with the related support group at HQ
- Comprehensive troubleshooting and escalation of problems that cannot be solved locally
- Preparation of Project documentation
- Come up with solutions in the area of networks, IP telephony and communications with respect to new offices and improvements
- Maintenance of microwave links to offshore installations
- Respond to emergency calls that may arise at any hour
- Possess the TBOSIET training as trips to offshore installations for equipment, inspection and repair will be required
- Comply and obey all policies including HSE and Information Confidentiality at all times
Please fill in the following details.
Back to search page.