Job Title: Lead Piping Designer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lead Piping Designer
The Lead Piping Designer has overall technical, budget, schedule and resourcing responsibility for the discipline design on the contract/ project.
- Originate discipline design deliverables.
- Assist the Discipline Lead Engineer and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Provide discipline design input to procurement and construction activities.
- Attend technical meetings if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Attend Design Reviews, Constructability Assessments etc. if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Communicate with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Demonstrate the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline design applications.
- Coordinate technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Assist with professional development of discipline design personnel.
- Develop discipline design scopes of work, estimates and schedules.
- Manage the overall contract discipline design scope of work, budget, schedule and resource requirement with respect to delivery, monitoring and changes.
- Discipline design focal point for the project.
- Responsible for technical assurance of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Supervise discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group and project specific Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Represent Massy Wood Group Ltd. to clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Use opportunities at meetings with clients and suppliers/ vendors to learn of additional work which Massy Wood Group could undertake and to promote Massy Wood Group’s capabilities.
- Assist Discipline Function Lead with management of discipline design personnel working on the project.
- Responsible for resource planning to maintain adequate staff levels considering short and long term requirements of the project.
- Adhere to procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Check discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Review work processes of discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capture and communicate lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Coach / guide discipline design personnel on a majority of discipline applications.
- Identify design resources requirements for the department in accordance with project demands.
- Keep a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Deliver the project discipline design scope of work within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Maintain an overview of all discipline design work for the project by regular contact with the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Liaise with client discipline representative.
- Manage increase or reduction in discipline design scope of work for the project and advising the Discipline Lead Engineer accordingly.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Engineer and propose necessary corrective action.
- Identify discipline design scopes of work for the project.
- Prepare discipline design CTR estimates, project execution plans and schedules for the project.
- Provide input to project execution plans and schedules for the project.
- Report discipline design progress for the contract.
- Develop working relationships with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Ensure discipline design personnel are assigned contract roles that match their assessed competence.
- Identify resource requirements for the contract to the Discipline Lead Engineer and ensure that demands are met.
- Assist Discipline Function Lead with competency assessments of discipline design personnel working on the contract.
- Assist Discipline Function Lead with performance appraisals of discipline design personnel working on the contract.
- Prepare timesheets accurately and timely.
- Approve timesheets for discipline design personnel allocated to the project.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Technician's Diploma in Engineering
- AutoCad Level III Certificate
- Membership of a professional body preferred
- Typically a minimum of 12 years relevant experience.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of discipline design software and tools.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications including 3D computer modelling and clashes resolution.
- Possesses skilled knowledge in managing personnel.
- Possesses skilled knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Possesses a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.