Job Title: Dockmaster
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION : DOCKMASTER
REPORTS TO: Manager Hotel & Marina
SUPERVISES: DOCK PERSONNEL
LIAISES WITH: Front Office, Guest Relations, Housekeeping, Maintenance & Reservation Staff
- To provide guests with an exceptional, professional, efficient service by ensuring smooth operations and management of the marina at CrewsInn.
- Coordinate docks personnel and helpers to ensure a safe, smooth and effective wet slip docking maintenance and housekeeping.
- Set daily assignment and schedules for docks personnel.
- Maintain marina equipment and building in such a manner that they are esthetically and operationally at best.
- Assistance to all vessels departing from the marina with the disconnection of utility service from the pedestals.
- Keep accurate checklist and records of maintenance repairs as required.
- Maintain inventory for electrical and telephone rental each month
- Assist in special marina functions, for example, tournaments etc.
- Monthly review of expense budget for marina maintenance
- Maintain supply inventory for the marina maintenance cleaning supply tools, oil spill and emergency equipment
- Train of docks personnel.
- Maintain accurate record of electrical usage in the marina
- Ensure that Front Office has ending electrical meter reading
- Assist all vessels with lines on departing from the marina
- Ensure that Security is notified when a vessel has departed from the marina
- Any other duties as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Ability to swim
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work long hours
- Customer Service oriented
- Flexible and innovative
- Knowledgeable on correct procedures for hurricane, storm, fire, First Aid and oil spills; coordinate activities of docks personnel and helpers during implementation of these procedures
- Proficient in VHF base radio operations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of /or First Aid Training
- Experience in securing boats to docks
- Two years experience working in a marina
- Hours of Work:
Normal work week shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis. However, from time to time you may be required to work longer hours.
- Allocation of Time:
It is the employee’s personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her time is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit of the Company.
- Customer Relations:
The employee is to communicate courteously and effectively with customers at all levels, and make best efforts to assist, so as to ensure that the Company’s image is always protected and maintained at the highest possible level.