Job Title: Bio Medical Technician
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
A niche pharmaceutical company is expanding its portfolio and is looking for a bio-medical technician/application specialist.
Bio-Medical Technician/Application Specialist will be responsible for installation, servicing, and repair of ophthalmic equipment in our service department. Must be able to achieve a high level of technical/computer software performance and customer satisfaction. Good communication skills are required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair, maintain, calibrate, test and update ophthalmic equipment in the field or in the company.
- Respond immediately to customer service calls.
- Ability to set up and demonstrate new equipment to users.
- To offer and sell service contracts to customers.
- Handle the day-to-day operation of the service department – reports, spare parts and inventory etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook) and computer networking ability necessary.
- Promote the company services to the customers. Help develop new sales and services.
Competencies and qualifications:
- Bio-Medical Technology Degree or Advanced Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technician (EEET) or certification from an accredited school or training program or its equivalent in work experience.
- Must have at least one year previous working experience in bio-medical department/environment.
- Good electronics troubleshooting skills. Must be able to demonstrate a methodical process and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and determine root cause and corrective action for equipment
- Ability to interface with customers. Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to effectively use hand tools, meters, scopes and other specialized testing equipment.
- Must be familiar with the use of all common electronics equipment.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of various fields of electronics and repair; also, with analog and digital circuits.
- Comprehending complex schematics
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of basic machine shop equipment and use thereof, is a definite plus.
- Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct.
- Must possess own vehicle in good working order.
- Must have a valid passport & US visa and be willing to travel regionally and internationally. Equipment training by the manufacturer will be provided.
- Needs to have good communication skills and be able to follow directions from equipment manufacturers, keep management informed of progress or changes, work independently, and have the confidence of management to get the job done right.