Job Title: Materials & Logistics Officer
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Materials & Logistics Officer
The Materials & Logistics Officer is responsible for providing the appropriate materials, equipment, coordinating, planning, purchasing and logistics services, in support of project activities during the planning and execution phases. This must be done in accordance with Company and Client procedures and contract objectives to comply with agreed project plans and schedules.
- Issuance of materials based on approved requisitions/bill of materials via Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) – Maximo and physical documentation to Workshop Leads for projects
- Control of material for receipt and return operations
- Liaise with Material Coordinators and Buyers as applicable for delivery and status updates for Purchase Orders
- Ensure all working practices conform with current Massy Wood Group Ltd. and Client procedures
- Monitor and record movement of all project related material to and from the different facilities, offshore and onshore for instance, tool boxes, specialist tools, lifting equipment, equipment for repair at vendors’ workshop.
- Act as focal point for all materials operations and queries for assigned project area related to relevant Massy Wood Group Ltd. operations
- Develops delivery schedules in conjunction with the project Material Coordinators and Buyers.
- Ensures that equipment is properly stored to prevent damage and unauthorized movement. Records via Maximo and manual documentation all equipment movement details.
- Ensures that materials are properly packaged to prevent damage during transportation by sea, road and/or air.
- Responsible for the management of specialized equipment that are to be stored at the facilities, office or warehouse locations for project execution for instance, engine boxes, turbine skids, lifting gear: slings, spreader bars, water bags, shackles, traveling blocks, load cells.
- Responsible for effective handling of all material received from offshore to follow evaluation process to determine fitness for future use
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Management team to verify and ensure that materials received matches order with assistance from a technical representative.
- Ensures that rental or contractor equipment to be used on the facilities is certified to operate.
- Utilise company systems to coordinate the required logistics and expediting of materials and equipment.
- Ensure all records and documentation, both electronic and manual are maintained to auditable standards
- Completion of Dangerous Goods documentation
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Technician’s Diploma (M.E.T., E.E.E.T. or I.E.T.T.) or an Associate’s Degree
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Must be familiar with API and ASME specifications.
- Experience working with maintenance or material information systems, ideally Maximo
- Dangerous Goods Training
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and accept feedback
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.