Job Title: Cost Analyst
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Town / City: Mayaro/ Point Fortin/ Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Cost Analyst is responsible for ensuring the provision of a high standard of Cost Control Support Services including those of Project Estimating (where required), Budget Control, Cost Control and Integrated Cost-Schedule Performance Analysis & Reporting.
- Full working knowledge of client contracts with Massy Wood Group. Must be able to speak to Commercial contract clauses and risk where necessary.Full working knowledge of Project Controls and interfaces with Planning and Estimating.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare Cost Time Resources (CTR’s) for approval by client.
- Prepare change requests for approval by client where necessary.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements), for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system (Mpower) on a weekly basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly input.
- Prepare monthly/weekly cost reports and advising key stakeholders of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner. Highlighting areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement. Each cost report should clearly demonstrate the progress of Cost Performance Index (CPI) per project.
- Measurement of Earned Value (EV) for each project.
- Inform key stakeholders of commercial risk in each project being managed.
- Preparation of other corporate/contract/project reports/presentations for internal customers (e.g. management) and external customers (clients).
- Measure Value of work done (VOWD’s) for each project through the use of business systems.
- Adherence to Massy Wood Group Project Control Procedures.
- Maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Review project man-hours and the allocation of man-hours in conjunction with Planners on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with the finance department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with the contract.
- Maintain charge-out rates within computerised cost system (Mpower), ensuring they are up to date and all rate uplifts are implemented.
- Maintain a full understanding of Massy Wood Group business systems.
- Ensure that adequate control of commitment is in place.
- Liaise with other disciplines in the control and forecasting of budgets and ensuring that all scopes including change requests are included.
- Participate in schedule/cost risk analysis as required.
- Ensure that the corporate and contract-specific change control procedures are being adhered to.
- Ensure all contracts are set up in Mpower to accurately capture and report cost across contracts and projects.
- Ensure proper change management process is carried out across all projects and in adherence to Massy Wood Group procedures
- Ensure all phases per projects are accurately captured and reported through the system.
- Coordination of the time writing process within the computerised cost system.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a recognised university or equivalent
- PMP certification will be considered an asset
- At least five (5) years’ experience at the mid cost analyst level
- Experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of cost management software e.g. MPower or equivalent.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of Project Management.
- Good understanding of Cost Management, Planning, Estimating and Change Control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Team environment and input to the resolution of problems.