Job Title: Construction Superintendent
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for leading project execution, assuring achievement of the plan in terms of quality, time and budget in compliance with the Company’s HSSE and technical standards as well as established policies and procedures.
- Efficiently Plan, implement and manage a team of construction personnel including Construction Supervisors and Coordinators
- Responsible for optimizing resources and looking after the profitability of the company and its clients.
- Maintains an Electronic Daily Log to capture all Critical Events, Occurrences, and Happenings. This Log should be available to Construction Manager at any time.
- Accountable for the quality and accuracy of work carried out as well as ensuring the accuracy of execution reports.
- Tracks the progress of the project, reporting progress, concerns and recommended corrective actions promptly to the Construction Manager.
- Develops and improves relationships between engineering, maintenance, operations and construction teams including Sub-Contractor Departments.
- Acts as the Focal Point for all construction related activities within the assigned assets.
- Identification of appropriate resources required to perform works and forward planning of resources.
- Identification of increase or reduction in scope and relaying the necessary support documents to Project Engineer for Project Control Purposes
- Ensure Contractor(s) performance is in accordance with work schedule, specifications and all other requirements
- Manage an effective team (including Subcontractors) – provide leadership and motivation to the team
- Lead, guide and support all team members in the execution of the assigned projects in an organized, effective and efficient manner
- Lead the execution of assigned projects, assuring that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly
- Assure Asset Integrity standards are maintained
- Ensure all work carried out complies with company and client standards along with current legislation and follows sound industry norms and practices
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness to ensure all subordinates and Subcontractors are aware of standards expected.
- To proactively assist whoever necessary to improve and maintain the HS&E performance
- Ensure all records and required documentation from the project (both electronic and hard copies) are maintained and completed to auditable standards. (Including the assurance of contractors documentation when required)
- Responsible for capturing and sharing learning during the execution of projects
- Liaise with operations and project team to analyze and solve execution problems
- Responsibility for the motivation of staff to identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client
- Carry out emergency response duties as required.
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
- Representation of Massy Wood Group Ltd. with clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Provide technical safety input for business development strategies, proposals and tendering activities and marketing initiatives.
- Ensure client Control of Work (COW) procedures and Site Technical Practices (STPs) are adhered to while executing projects.
- Address any immediate disciplinary issues with the Construction Manager.
- Complete the appraisals, both annual and interim, for the Construction staff
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Technical Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ in a similar role.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in TAR and Shutdown planning and execution.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Knowledge of Construction information systems.
- Knowledge of Construction planning, scheduling and reliability concepts.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a high performance, fast paced work environment
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications