Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician is responsible for communicating with end users as well as providing infrastructure and maintenance support.
Provides technical support to internal and external users of company computer systems by:
- Responding to help desk requests in a timely fashion
- Analysing problems and communicating with end users and/ or department managers to assess needs and determine optimum solutions to IT concerns and/or requests that incorporate user needs and cost efficiency
- Provide IT support to all staff which consist of both on-site users and remote users
- Executing required repairs and /or solutions
- Documenting all communication and tasks performed including closing out help desk requests when completed
- Maintain and manage local IT assets and inventory
- Keeping Manager informed of current issues
Maintains all printer, facsimile and copier equipment by:
- Performing maintenance and repairs as needed; referring unresolved problems as needed
- Performing ink and toner replacement as needed
- Working with technical support vendors as needed
Deployment of machines and software by:
- Building, imaging and maintaining desktops and laptops
- Researching, testing and installing of internal software
- Configuring and supporting mobile devices as needed
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by:
- Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards
- Creating and maintaining departmental work instructions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar capacity will be an asset
- Proficiency with computers, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, the internet, complex spreadsheets and databases, information systems, computer security, report generator software, servers, relational databases, and application support packages, including the ability to install/maintain/repair computers and computer software/hardware.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current IT applications and trends.
- Ability to operate and maintain office equipment; including copiers and fax machines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to deal with people at various levels, from technician to executive.
- Strong ability to build client and peer relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- User support skills with the ability to resolve difficult system issues and maintain effective working relationships with end users.
- Ability to process and analyze data.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks and time effectively; flexibility is required.