Job Ref.: RIL-ADE
Job Title: Auto/Diesel Electrician
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: San Fernando
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Auto Diesel Electrician's main responsibility is to supervise and perform work on the repairs and maintenance of all vehicles electrical systems. To ensure that all scheduled repairs, inspections, troubleshooting, and major electrical jobs are carried out in keeping with standing instructions issued by the Divisional Manager- Fleet Maintainance. Emphasis is also placed on strict adherence to the Occupational, Safety and Health Act of Trinidad and Tobago and the company’s policies and procedures as they relate to Health, Safety and Environment issues with reference to the work activities in the garage and on site.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance and repair of all electrical system on all the company’s vehicles
- Ensures that all Preventative Maintenance work performed on the electrical system are carried out according to the Electrical PM checklist.
- Repair and overhaul starters on all types of vehicles
- Repair and overhaul Alternators
- Repair electrical components; horn,alarms,lamps, lights, instruments and gauges
- Troubleshoot and indentify electrical shorts and Circuit faults
- Rewire electrical harnes and connections.
- Attend to all electrical breakdowns during and after working hours to ensure that fleet availability is kept to an optimum level.
- Liaises with the Procurement Officer in the absence of the Divisional Manager- Fleet Maintainance or as directed to ensure that electrical parts required for the vehicle maintenance/repairs are available at all times.
- Liaise with the Procurement Officer as directed by the Divisional Manager-Fleet Maintenance to ensure that all electrical parts that are used on a particular vehicle are entered on the TMA.
- Ensure that job cards are open and closed in a timely manner for electrical repairs
- Ensure that jobs are properly tested before handing over to user department.
- Ensures that all used electrical parts are properly tagged and secured for re-use if necessary.
- Review and ensure that electrical defects listed at Safety Meetings are rectified in at timely manner and updated on report.
- Ensures that the work areas are kept clean, tools and equipment and any other items// machinery, which can cause incidents or accidents.