Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
DIRECTV TRINIDAD LIMITED
JOB SUMMARY: DIRECTV is seeking to recruit an individual who supports our mission, vision and values by exhibiting excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect and commitment to both external and internal clients. The incumbent must be an experienced purchasing officer who can work in a rapidly changing environment. This position which is based at our Trinidad office is responsible for the purchasing process by planning requirements with the internal clients and seeking the best option of acquisition in time and cost and assuring that quality, operation, and client satisfaction objectives are achieved. Success will be measured through several KPIs including: spend savings, SLAs, implementation of the standardized process and regional policies.
- Receive all the company’s purchasing requirements and assure the understanding of each one, in order to accomplish the right acquisition.
- Search, select and evaluate vendors as per the goods or services requested.
- Negotiate and obtain quotes with different vendors as per the Regional Procurement Policy and according the technical specifications required.
- Analyze quotations and present them to the internal client, suggesting the most cost-efficient and timely vendor.
- Complete and recommend the internal client through the Regional comparative chart in order to assure the quality of the purchase.
- Generate Purchase orders in SAP and follow them up until the delivery and the internal client’s satisfaction.
- Qualify goods and services delivered in order to validate the vendor’s continuity in DIRECTV’s database.
- Manage contracts with the internal client and the legal area to protect the company from any risk involved in the acquisition of goods or services.
- Assure the procurement process is followed by all areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 3+ years of equivalent related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid experience in negotiating.
- Proficiency in SAP / Ariba system experience strongly desired
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Spanish will be an asset.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated track record in negotiating and purchasing goods and services.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels.
- Possess a collaborative and pragmatic approach to finding solutions.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Meticulous, detail oriented, proactive and dynamic, with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, and the leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast paced team environment.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a results oriented, assertive individual with ability to meet stringent deadline.
All interested, suitably qualified applicants should submit their resumes by May 31, 2018