Job Ref.: Job 014-18
Job Title: BARTENDER
Town / City: Port of Spain & Grand Bazaar
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Are you self-driven, highly motivated, flexible and have a positive attitude? Then we want you. We are looking for dynamic, customer focused people to provide services to our guests at our MOVIETOWNE (POS) and GRAND BAZAAR Restaurant.
The incumbent smiles, greets and seats guests in the dining room. Uses wait sheet and seating grid to control the flow of business throughout the dining area in order to ensure prompt guest service, as well as manage the flow of orders into the kitchen.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes suggestions and answers questions regarding food and beverage and service.
- Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage for sale to bar and dining room guest according to Ruby Tuesday recipes, standards and procedures.
- Serves liquor, draft/bottled beer, wine and non-alcoholic bar beverages in appropriate glassware as specified in recipe manual.
- Writes down and accurately inputs guests’ orders at the micros unit.
- Presents accurate guest cheques, accepts payment and quickly makes correct change.
- Responsible for attention and response to bar guests needs and request throughout entire visit.
- Maintains friendly, courteous and cheerful attitude to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Stocks all liquors, beers, wines, mixes, garnishes, glassware and miscellaneous bar supplies according to Ruby Tuesday standards.
- Open wines and champagne bottles and taps beer kegs as needed.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in coolers, wells, sinks, floors and other storage areas according to Ruby Tuesday standards.
- Perform other related task as directed by Management
- Walks and stand during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, wipes, sweeps/mops and carry.
- Lifts 30lb cases about 10 times per shift. Carries same cases short distances (10-15ft).
- Interacts verbally with Guests.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions.
- Frequent immersion of hands into freezer and handling of frozen glassware.
- Hazards include, but not limited to cuts, slipping, tripping and burns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Secondary School education
- Certificate in Bartending or Mixology
- At least six (6) months’ experience in the Hospitality industry
- Food Badge
Police Certificate of Character