Job Title: Security Officer
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Reports to the Shift Supervisor (or in the case of a single man post the area district officer).
- To be totally familiar with the site at which he is deployed and fully conversant with the Assignment Instructions.
- To provide assistance and advice to the shift supervisor on security and related issues making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- To ensure that his standards of professionalism, alertness and personal deportment are maintained at the highest levels at all times.
- To ensure that he carries out his duties in accordance with the Assignment Instructions. Duties may include but not be limited to, general security duties, patrol duties, traffic control duties and static guard duties etc as specified in detail in the Assignment Instructions.
- To report, respond to, assist and take appropriate action in the event of an emergency in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
- To ensure that all incidents occurring during his shift including emergencies complaints, suspicious and unusual circumstances are noted, reported, handled professionally, investigated immediately and that the relevant senior staff and control centres are advised, and that appropriate reports are complied and submitted.
- To develop and foster a good working relationship with on-site management staff, local government agencies, police, fire contractors, visitors to the site and members of the public.
- To ensure that all reports, forms, registers, notices, records, permits and passes required on the site are kept safe and maintained accurately and efficiently.
- To ensure that any items of stores, equipment and/or uniform on issue or loan is maintained properly, accounted for and kept safe.
- To promote safety and accident prevention during his tour of duty.
To ensure that he hands over and takes over his shift duties correctly and in accordance with Assignment Instructions.
- To enforce compliance of building, government or neighborhood regulations that are in force on the shift/site.
- To assist the shift supervisor and customer representative(s) in managing and securing the site during his shift.
- To carry with him, and display at all times his security permit(s).
- To ensure that all working and administrative areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Act in a manner in accordance with the company code of conduct and practice.
- To perform such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time by the shift supervisor, customer representative(s) and/or company management.