Job Title: Estate Constable
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Estate Constable
The Estate Constable utilises a preventative approach to crime through the basic tenants of detect, deter, monitor, observe and report. The incumbent is responsible for the health, safety and security of persons, property, the environment and premises to which they are assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol and secure areas on foot and mobile, checking for vandalism, suspicious activity. Inspect doors and locks to confirm appropriate level of security, ensures building alarm systems have been activated on schedule.
- Screen all visitors entering compound/ building.
- Maintain and upkeep daily log and activities book i.e., Pocket diary, Station Dairy, Post Diary, Visitor Log etc.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures etc.
- Provide personnel escort service as directed to ensure the safety of employees.
- Provide orientation and instructions on safety and security protocols to personnel.
- Conduct personnel and vehicle searches as necessary.
- Maintains environment by monitoring building and equipment controls.
- At a shift handover, all items being transferred are to be documented and physically checked before the process has been complete, e.g., logs are to be updated, keys, location phone, equipment must be catalogued in the station diary.
- Ensures compliance with location policies and procedures by staff and visitors.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time within the scope of your function.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Candidates must possess a valid Firearm Users Employee Certificate (FUEC)
- Evidence of having attained a secondary school education, school-leaving Certificate.
- Experience as an Estate Constable would be an asset
- A recent and valid Police Certificate of Character (not older than 3 months old)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent diary writing skills
- Access control
- Pedestrian and vehicular monitoring
- Ability to manage key logs
- Ability to maintain peace
- Ability to take and follow-through on instructions, and work independently
- Dependable and resourceful
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- A reasonable level of physical fitness