Job Title: Plant Process Operator
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Plant Process Operator
- Responsible for safe operation, basic maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and instruments.
- Conduct continuous inspections and review manufacturing process for efficiency, noting areas for improvement and assisting with researching alternative machinery, equipment or modifications.
- Coordinate shifts, arranging schedules and monitoring employee performance in collaboration with the supervisors.
- Prepare reports for the Plant Manager on issues affecting processing operations.
- Identify and solve problems with product quality deviations.
- Collaborate with Plant Manager and Technical Services Manager to recommend all operational improvements, facilitate reduction in operating costs and ensure efficiency of the operations.
- Identify the required equipment spares necessary for maintenance activities.
- Assist all Processing Department Supervisors with overseeing production activities.
- Ensure that operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with requirements of the Food Safety Management System.
- Perform any other related functions consequential and incidental to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
- Degree / Technician’s Diploma in Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes
- Microsoft Office Suite certification (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
SKILLS / EDUCATION:
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent equipment troubleshooting abilities
- Good electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent critical thinking, operations analysis and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and writing)
- Ability to work flexible schedule including night shifts and weekends
- Must be a team player
- Must adhere to and enforce all safety rules and good manufacturing practices of the Company during the performance of his/her duties