Job Title: Biomedical Technician
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City:
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Biomedical Technician is responsible for performing a variety of increasingly complex and specialized technical tasks in connection with installation, maintenance, calibration, commissioning, troubleshooting, repair and management of various types of Biomedical equipment throughout the Authority so as to facilitate the achievement of operations goals and objectives in accordance with international safety standards as well as manufacturer’s recommendation of proper use and timely service.
- Repair, calibrate and troubleshoot specialized biomedical equipment on site as well as in the workshop.
- Perform and plan preventative maintenance and troubleshooting services on specialized biomedical equipment as well as on medical electronic equipment required for accurate diagnosis and treatment of patients and ensure that all are in compliance with manufacturer’s service procedures.
- Provide on-call services for any area and department within the hospital.
- Demonstrate and train relevant members of staff in the safe and proper usage of the equipment.
- Perform corrective and preventative service procedures on general biomedical equipment for specialized medical equipment eg. Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), X-ray, sterilizer, ensuring vendors are performing their duties in a timely, acceptable fashion.
- Maintain logs and perform Operator’s Certification Procedure (OVP) to ensure that all equipment is accounted for and in the assigned area (ward) and inform the Head of the relevant department/Supervisor of missing equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of specification for the purchase of new equipment.
- Liaise with vendors and/or manufacturer/suppliers to requisition parts and discuss problems with equipment such as projected down time and providing the end user with continuous information updates.
- Maintain and upkeep patient beds.
- Maintain records, logs of equipment demographic involving quantity, condition, warranty, maintenance schedule, repair history and prepare relevant reports as required.
- Ensure that all equipment, tools and manuals are properly secured and accounted for.
- Order replacement parts and accessories in order to minimize downtime.
- Ensure all equipment is checked and tagged with safety stickers.
- Maintain logs of continuous failures and misuse of equipment hence facilitating equipment tracking and reporting.
- Perform other related duties as required by the approved Authority.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Biomedical Technology or a related field from a recognized university OR
- Technicians Diploma in Electronic and Electrical Engineering (EEET) with a certificate in the repair of Specialist Equipment from a relevant manufacturer.
-Minimum three (3) years post qualifications experience in a similar or related job function in a recognized Hospital Environment.
-Any equivalent combination of training and qualification.
Applications should be submitted with full resume, copies of relevant certificates and two (2) testimonials by June 06, 2018 to the General Manager, Human Resources, Eastern Regional Health Authority, De Freitas Building, Eastern Main Road, Sangre Grande, PO Box 4479. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates MUST [CLICK HERE] to apply for this job directly from the ERHA’s website